- The Croatian Table
August 23, 2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- VIP Tasting
August 23, 2019
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join is for an evening of food & wine at The Croatian Table. Learn about the different regions, its amazing wines, succulent foods & our 2020 Boat Tour of Southern Croatia.
VIP Tasting – $10 – Starts @ 6pm
Join us early for an exclusive tasting of three different premium Croatian wines that highlight the complexity and variety of Dalmatian wines.
- A bold red wine – Boutique Winery Vicelić Dingač
- An orange wine – Ahearne Wild Skins
- A complex white wine- Matela Pošip Barrique.
Enjoy an abundance of Croatian appetizers to whet your appetites.
- Platter of meats, cheeses & olives
- Homemade kajmak. A creamy dairy spread similar to clotted cream along with a baguette.
We are enjoying this with:
Misal Millenium – A charming sparkling wine made from a blend of Malvazija, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay grapes from the Istria wine growing region in Northern Croatia.
The Croatian Table will be served family-style and consists of an array of Croatian dishes designed to melt in your mouth & take you on a culinary tour of coastal Croatia.
- Lamb Peka. A traditional dish of lamb and vegetables made in a pot or peka, so the meat and vegetables simmer in the juices.
- Black Risotto with Shrimp. Risotto made from squid ink served with shrimp.
- Octopus Salad. Tender octopus sliced with potatoes and onions and plenty of olive oil.
- Shopska Salad. A fresh salad from diced tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions & white cheese
- Blitva. A Croatian side made of swiss chard, potatoes, garlic, and a lot of olive oil.
We are accompanying this family-style meal with two wines:
Dobravac Toccata – An Istrian red wine (in N. Croatia) made from Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Teran & Cabernet Sauvignon.
Matela Maraština – A white wine from Dalamata (S. Croatia) from the Maraština grape, a fragrant and fruity (apricot-y and peach-y) wine with a golden yellow color.
Finishing on a Sweet Note
We complete this meal with a little sweetness. Please enjoy some kiflice, little almond crescent cookies with a small glass of rakija, a popular fruit brandy from Croatia and/or an espresso/coffee.