Jet Lag affects us all differently, but it can cause a rough couple days if you don’t know how to recover quickly. I use these methods each time I travel and on the morning of day 2, my jet lag is gone. Here are some tips for overcoming your jet lag in 24 hours:
- Get on local time as soon as possible. Set your watch to the time of your destination when you board your flight.
- Make sure you have a sleep kit in your carry-on. I like a sleep mask, travel pillow, ear plugs and a non-drowsy sleep aid.
- Set a time to sleep that will give you 5+ hours. This is harder on some shorter flights. For example, if it is is 10 pm in your destination, you pretty much want to go to sleep within an hour of takeoff.
- Opt for the window seat so you won’t be disturbed by seat mates using the restroom and waking you up.
- Take a sleep aid 30 minutes before you want to sleep and let your seat mates know you will be knocked out and not to disturb you.[/li-row]
- Upon arrival, you are going to feel like crap. This is normal. Push through the day and do not take a nap. Take a shower and hit the road. You will be exhausted, but try and make it to at least 7- 8pm. Take another sleep aid that night to guarantee at least 8-10 hours of sleep.